Make Distance Learning Fun for Teachers and Students
To make distance learning work, you just can’t take the traditional classroom model, and put it on Zoom. This is stressful for teachers, and boring for students.
… Having spoken to students and teachers, they generally don’t like it.
How do you Make Distance Learning work?
The curriculum and the teaching method have to be modified for distance learning to work. That means a few things:
- Lessons should emphasize pre recorded videos that students can watch at their own pace.
- Video lessons should be created for distance learning. For example, video lessons over 6 minutes, are just too long for many students.
- Video lessons should only cover 1-2 concepts/techniques each, for maximum retention.
- The courses should make heavy use of the spiral teaching method.
- Video lessons should have immediate quizzing that reinforces the lessons, engages students, and provides a very accurate measure of student performance and participation.
- Students should have instant feedback and instant help built into the platform.
- The learning process should be gamified.
- The curriculum should be delivered with a dedicated platform that is web based and provides the structure to deliver all the above points.
StudioWeb has been refined over the last 10 years, working hand-in-hand with teachers, to provide everything a district needs to roll out an effective and fun learning / teaching experience.
If you would like to demo StudioWeb for your district, feel free to contact us.